Let The Sea Ranch Resort be your home during Spring Events on the Outer Banks 2016
Here are 10 events to plan a trip around to the Outer Banks this Spring Season!
As spring approaches, the days are getting longer and the idea of going to the beach is getting stronger. Spring season has become very popular on the Outer Banks in recent years for a variety of reasons, one of them being the growth of well produced and strongly supported events. Here at the Sea Ranch Resort, we are lucky to have a lot of repeat customers who will attend these Spring Season Events on the Outer Banks 2016. If you haven’t been to the Outer Banks during spring, then here is a list of “Must-Do” events to plan a trip around.
March (Spring Events on the Outer Banks 2016)
- March 12 – Kelly’s Running of the Leprechauns 5k & 10k: Kelly’s Restaurant is ground zero for a lot of St. Patty’s day activities, and this year’s run looks to be better than ever. The Race Starts at 8 AM, and details can be found here.
- March 13 – 27th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Well into its third decade, this lively parade is something not to miss. One of the unique aspects to our version of the St. Patrick’s Day parade is the addition of quite a few pirate outfits. Milepost 11.5 is the kick off location and 1PM is the kick off time. Come dressed as your favorite version of an Irish Pirate!
- March 17-20 – 2016 OBX Taste of the Beach: This event has gone from strength to strength each year, this year looks better than ever. We wrote an article about it recently that has more details and we are proud to be hosting an Oyster Outing here at the Beachside Bistro during the festivities. The Outer Banks has been getting kudos for the number of great chefs and restaurants here, so this event is a great showcase for our food scene.
April (Spring Season Events on the Outer Banks 2016)
- April 16-17 – First Flight 5k and Flying Pirate Half Marathon: Always a favorite amongst locals and running enthusiasts, this year’s races are etched in stone on many calendars. The run is a great way to experience the richness of our community here on the OBX and is a great excuse to celebrate after. You can also dress like a Pirate and run the race!
- April 16-24 – Outer Banks Bike Week: This annual event is extremely popular and the beach gets rocking to the sounds of bikes. There is a strong community around this event, and if you are a motorcyclist, then there are many events for you to participate in.
- April 30 – 3rd Annual Outer Banks Duathlon a Run Bike Run Event: The Outer Banks has long attracted people to a healthy outdoor-oriented lifestyle, and this newer event has been well received and growing each year. The location is fantastic and the event is well worth planning a trip around!
May (Spring Events on the Outer Banks 2016):
- May 7 – 32nd Annual Nags Head Woods 5K: Nags Head Woods is a well known secret here on the Outer Banks. This beautiful Maritime Forest protected by the Nature Conservancy has been the location for a time tested race that is a right of passage for many locals. One of the classics and sure to be a special one amongst Spring Season Events on the Outer Banks 2016.
- May 13-16 – 44th Annual Hang Gliding Spectacular and Airshow: The Outer Banks is known for its history with flying things, and Kitty Hawk Kites anchors another classic event celebrating flight. A great event for the whole family!
- May 30 – Shallowbag Shag Beach Music Fest: If you don’t know the history of Shag Beach Music on the coast of the Carolinas, then you have been missing out! A very unique sound to a very unique place, this music can be celebrated at this great music event. Positive vibes and music always brings a fantastic crowd.
- May 30-June 5 – Inaugural Outer Banks Craft Beer Week: The Craft Beer scene has taken hold here on the Outer Banks with several festivals already well done, and this Craft Beer week is a perfect compliment. Proceeds go to benefit the Dare County Arts Council.
As you can see, the Outer Banks is a great event destination during the spring. The Sea Ranch Resort is proud to be your base of operations during any or all of these events. Our goal is to be your home during Spring Events on the Outer Banks 2016.