We have a list of 8 suggestions for your Valentine’s Day Weekend here on the Outer Banks in 2016.
The Outer Banks of North Carolina is a fabulous place to spend Valentine’s Day weekend.
If you are thinking about coming to visit for this special weekend or you live here already we have a few ideas for romantic and fun things to do. Here they are:
- Watch the Sunrise on the Beach (or from an oceanfront hotel room): One of the truly spectacular visions here on the Outer Banks is the sight of the sun cresting over the ocean horizon to the east. The quiet, the majesty, and the epic experience is something that even locals never tire of or take for granted. Winter sunrises are extra special because the ocean is different, and the air is even clearer than it normally is. Enjoy this experience with your date and give him/her a memory of a lifetime! Take the moment one step further, and enjoy the sunrise from the romantic comfort of one of our ocean front rooms.
- Watch the Sunset from Jockey’s Ridge: Because the Outer Banks are a barrier island, we are one of the few places to have an ocean sunrise AND soundside sunset within a few miles. Climbing to the top of Jockey’s Ridge to watch a sunset over the Roanoke sound is a tradition for many, so capitalize on the smaller crowds this time of year to see a proper Outer Banks winter sunset.
- Eat some local oysters: We are very happy to let you know that there are Oysters to be had on the Outer Banks. The Cape Hatteras Oyster company farms them right here in the Pamlico Sound. They are fresh, local, healthy and a perfect romantic treat for your weekend!
- Enjoy a great bottle of Spanish Cava: In case you weren’t familiar, Cava is the Spanish take on Champagne. It’s a secret that is gaining in popularity due to it’s natural drinkability and great value. Great Cava can be had for under $20 per bottle and our local Wine shop, Trio, has a great selection of these delightful Spanish beverages to choose from. Cava goes great with sunsets and oysters
- Take a Class on Classical Music: Join this super interesting class about Classical music from WHRO radio host Dwight Davis. If you enjoy classical music or want to learn more, this is a fun learning experience. Dwight will even show some examples of popular songs that were originally orchestra pieces.
- Go see the White Tundra Swans: As we mentioned in our article about winter on the Outer Banks, Valentine’s Day Weekend is a perfect time to visit one of our Wildlife Refuges to see thousands of majestic White Tundra Swans come and winter. A significant percentage of the entire population of these birds in North America spend their winters within a short driving distance of the beach. It is breathtaking to see flocks of these birds flying over the natural beauty of the Outer Banks. Very romantic!
- Learn how to do the Texas 2-Step: If you want to sweep your significant other off of his or her respective feet, this wonderful class is for you. You will learn some basic and advanced steps, as well as dance floor etiquette. Get ready to do something different for your Outer Banks Valentine’s Day Weekend!
- Have a romantic dinner on the beach: Yes, we are happily talking about our amazing Executive Chef, Sam Larson. He is planning a great dinner especially for Valentine’s Day. Come enjoy this special culinary event at the ONLY beach-level oceanfront restaurant on the Outer Banks.
In Summary, Your OBX Valentine’s Weekend COULD look like this:
White Tundra Swans
Romantic Dinner On the Beach
A recipe for a fantastic Valentine’s experience on the Outer Banks…
We are currently running a Valentine’s Day Special at the Sea Ranch Resort, so book now to ensure you have a home here for the weekend!
Also remember that Winter is an amazing time to be on the Outer Banks and we have a beautiful Oceanfront Hotel to help you enjoy your stay. Come see why many consider The Sea Ranch Resort to be one of the best hotels on the Outer Banks. We look forward to seeing you!