Are you wishing for an Endless OBX Summer in 2017?
You will love August on the Outer Banks at the Sea Ranch Resort!
Summer is fast and furious here on the Outer Banks. There is a point in the month of June when warm, blue waters show up on our shores and bring an unbelievable amount of sea life with them. We see schools of fish, dolphins and plenty of birds as well. This time period also brings more than just ample sea life – it brings human visitors from around the world. Hundreds of thousands of people cross the bridge each weekend to join the summer fun we love to have here on the OBX. As the action ramps up into the July 4th celebrations, the old saying “time flies when you’re having fun” seems to take hold and then, before you know it, thoughts of the impending fall season start to arise. Over the last days of July it sometimes feels like summer is beginning to wind down.. We playfully talk about the almost endless OBX summer, and there truly is still plenty left to enjoy! Indeed, August on the Outer Banks is a fantastic time to visit with an abundance of events happening and summer very much in full swing yet. Many families try to get a last vacation in before the start of the school year, as there are still many events and activities going on and the weather is still fabulous. So, if you are already thinking ahead about the fall, let’s bring you back to the beautiful reality that is August on the Outer Banks with a list of some things that are happening in this upcoming month you should know about:
- OBX Watermelon Festival: Watermelon Festival is a fun-for-all-ages fundraiser benefitting The Outer Banks Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Coalition
- Surfing For Autism: The surfing event partners people with autism with therapists and surfers to enjoy some Outer Banks waves.
- 34th Annual Pirate’s Cove Billfish Tournament: This is classic is a massive draw for the sports fishing crowd and is always a good time!
- Virginia Dare’s 430th Birthday: Virginia Dare, the first colonist to be born here on these shores is coming up on her 430th birthday. You can head to Elizabethan Gardens for the party!
- OBX Summer Send Off Concert: This is a great music event promoted by the same people who do the well respected Mustang Music Festival. Not to be missed!
The Sea Ranch Resort is a family-friendly ocean front hotel in Kill Devil Hills, NC. We have ocean view condos that are perfect for weddings and family reunions and a friendly staff that makes you feel very much at home here. The OBX Beachside Bistro also offers the only truly oceanfront dining on the Outer Banks. We look forward to your visit in August on the Outer Banks!