Here are 6 Great OBX Parks and Playgrounds.
The Sea Ranch Resort is a family-friendly OBX hotel centrally located to a wide variety of activities and attractions!
We can probably all agree that the best playground here on the Outer Banks is the beach. When the weather is right, there is no substitute! There are times however, when you will need to find a park or a playground for your children to have fun outside when the sun and fun of the beach aren’t available or you just need a break. If you are looking for options, the Outer Banks has a number of parks and playgrounds to choose from. The OBX Parks and Playgrounds that are close to the Sea Ranch Resort are well-kept and well-regarded in the community. The Outer Banks as a whole is a very outdoor-minded community so it makes sense that the parks and playgrounds would reflect this. Our barrier island is a wonderful place to raise a family, so if you are visiting with yours, we believe that you will be able to tap into some of the good and healthy resources here.
The Sea Ranch Resort is a family-friendly OBX hotel that has proudly hosted families for decades. Our grounds and beach are well-suited for kids and we always try to make sure our guests have access to current information about things to do and places to go with their families.
Here is a list OBX Parks and Playgrounds within just a few minutes of the Sea Ranch Resort:
- Dowdy Park: This beautiful playground and park just opened this spring and has quickly become a favorite of locals. There is yoga on Friday mornings in season, and the playground itself is well designed.
- Nags Head Town Park: Located on the west side of the bypass, this hidden gem is a fantastic place to access Nags Head Woods Preserve. There is a pavilion and fun slides for the kids as well.
- Dare County Recreation Park: Located behind the Outer Banks Brewing Station, this park has tennis courts and soccer fields as well as baseball fields.
- Kitty Hawk Skate and Dog Park: This is the newest park in Kitty Hawk and has a bit of everything – a dog park, half-mile walking trail, skate park and a covered picnic area.
- Hayman Street Park: This park is also located on the west side of the bypass and has a large open area and plenty of parking. Hayman Street Park is great for soccer or frisbee.
- Duck Town Park and Boardwalk: This fantastic resource offers a variety of options for you and your family. Although a little further away from the Sea Ranch Resort, it is worth the drive and has a wonderful playground as well.
There are more options of OBX Parks and Playgrounds to choose from than the ones we listed. The Outer Banks Visitors Bureau is a great place to find more information about where to go with your family. Another great resource for parents with children is Outer Banks Child, which is a quarterly magazine that also has helpful information on their website.