Plan your trip around these OBX September 2017 Events!
The Sea Ranch Resort is centrally located in the heart of Kill Devil Hills and is the perfect place to stay when attending a local event.
Suddenly September is upon us! School is back in session and the end of the summer season has arrived. Don’t worry however, because we go from strength to strength during OBX September 2017 – surf is picking up, the temperatures cool just a bit, the water is stunning, the crowds have thinned (but not too much) and the number of events to choose from is still quite high. If you are visiting, or are thinking about moving here, we highly encourage you to attend one of the many fantastic OBX September 2017 events.
The best calendar for OBX September 2017 events (and events in general) is at The Outer Banks Visitor’s Bureau Website and we have picked a handful of events to highlight for you:
- WRV Outer Banks Pro Aug. 3 – Sept. 3: Wave Riding Vehicles has been a stalwart of surfing shops since 1967 and do a great job with their surf competition. Held at Jennette’s Pier since 2009, this event is a local favorite.
- Day at the Docks – Sept.15: Put on by the Hatteras Island Watermen, this is a good event for you and your family to attend if you are interested in learning about the watermen heritage here on the Outer Banks. You will also be delighted with the food offerings centered around locally sourced seafood.
- Outer Banks Triathlon – Sept. 17&18: This is a very popular and classic event on the OBX done by Outer Banks Sporting Events. It is highly competitive and a destination for Triathletes from far and wide. The Sea Ranch Resort is a proud accommodation sponsor of the event.
- Cape Hatteras Wave Classic – Sept. 16-22: This event is a wave focused kite-surfing competition put on by Real Sports and sponsored by Patagonia.
- ESA Eastern Surf Championships – Sept. 17-23: Come see the best amateur surfers on the East Coast compete for the season finale of the ESA competition series. We have a deep surf culture here, and this event is a platform to showcase local as well as regional and national surfers.
- Kitty Hawk Surf Co. Kayak Fishing Tournament – Sept. 16: In it’s 4th year, this event has grown steadily and hits a sweet spot with local fisherman. September brings good fishing, so if you are interested in fishing on the OBX, this is a great event to participate in.
- 8th Annual Get Pumped for Pink 5k/10k Race – Sept. 30: Presented by Outer Banks Boot Camps and the OBX Running Company, this race is an official event for the Outer Banks Hospital Get Pinked! and More Campaign providing critical cancer services to Dare county residents and those in outlying areas.