5 Reasons Why The Outer Banks In Early June is Special.
Some insight from your friends at the Sea Ranch Resort…
It is time to plan your summer vacation (if you haven’t already). As you know, the Outer Banks has become an annual tradition for millions of people each summer. Families pass the tradition of an OBX summer visit down through generations, and our beautiful beaches filled with people in the summer are proof of it! There is one special time of the summer that many don’t know about which is the window of early June. The Outer Banks in early June is an amazing time to visit for a variety of reasons, 5 of which we will discuss below!
- Less Crowds: Probably the biggest reason to make a spring visit to the OBX is that it is much less crowded. It is the summer season, but because most schools haven’t let out, many families don’t plan their vacations until the back half of June through July and August.
- Great Weather: June features some of the best weather on the OBX. The heat often hasn’t truly arrived, and the winds tend to be favorable from offshore.
- Beautiful Water: June also is a time when clear, warm waters come in with the winds from the gulf stream. Many days in June are great for snorkelers to explore the underwater realms of the Outer Banks.
- Less Traffic: With less crowds comes less traffic. Your journey to the beach and back will be much quicker, and getting around on the beach will be much easier.
- Great Events: The OBX has been developing more and more events year round, and Early June is no exception. Here are some must-do 2016 events during early June:
May 30 – June 5: Outer Banks Craft Brew Week
June 1: Outer Banks Brewfest
June 10-12: Rogallo Kite Festival
June 13: Storm the Beach
June 15: 5th Annual Sunrise 5k
If you are planning a summer vacation and are looking for something different and special, think about the Outer Banks in Early June!
The Sea Ranch Resort is located on the Oceanfront in Kill Devil Hills, NC. This means we are in a perfect location to capitalize on what makes early June so special. Locals have long known about this early summer window of recreation, so join the fun and book your early summer now! You can always keep tabs on any upcoming specials we run on our specials page. Also, take a look at our webcam to find out what the ocean is looking like.
In terms of Hotels in Kill Devil Hills, NC, we pride ourselves on creating a family-friendly environment in a Classic Outer Banks Resort setting. We welcome guests from all over the world, and our staff strives to treat our guests like family.
If you are interested in in Spring Events on the Outer Banks 2016, you can read our previous article here.
Come see us here on the Outer Banks in early June!